Wednesday, August 7, 2013

5.70 miles / 566 for 2013

I always make the same joke when I see a gator on the golf course - I don't have to run faster than a gator, I just have to run faster than the guys I'm playing with.

I often see gators when running around the Twin Lakes at Oyster Bay. I saw the biggest I've ever seen earlier this year running at dusk. He was standing on all 4, mouth open, and looked angry. She was about 30 yards off the path. 2 things happened- I ran the fastest I have run all year long, and I have to have come the closest to having a heart attack ever. The scary thing was there was no one else out there with me, so no one I could out run and leave for the gator.

I ran across this one today, not literally. He's just a baby... so my heart rate didn't change.





No comments:

Post a Comment