Sunday, January 12, 2014

Old & New Resolutions

Last year I wrote down four resolutions for me to accomplish in 2013. They were…

1. Be more responsive
2. Run 1000 miles
3. No Fries
4. No Soda

1. Be more responsive
Anyone that knows me knows I'm terrible about answering the phone.  I hate answering the phone. I hate talking on the phone. I just don't like it.  So I set out in 2013 to make a conscious effort to answer the phone and not to push it to voicemail. I can honestly say, I did very good during January and February. After that, I fell right back to my old ways- pushing to voicemail. I failed at this resolution.

2. Run 1000 miles
I have written about this all year. Hence the reason for the blog. I did run 1000+ miles in 2013. I continue to brag about this. Read previous posts for much more information.

3. No Fries
You read it right. No Fries in 2013. I went the entire year without a single fry. The hardest part of this resolution was not having fries at Cloos' Coney Island in Raleigh. BEST FRIES EVER! In fact, I still have not had any fries in 2014 because I'm waiting for my first fries after over 1 year to be from Cloos. I hope to make that happen this week.

4. No Soda
Yep, no soda either. In fact I basically only had coffee, water, and alcohol in 2013. No tea (except in Hong Kong), only milk in cereal, and no sodas. I went through some cravings, but all in all it wasn't that hard. I still haven't had soda in 2014.

For 2014 Resolutions….

I haven't committed to anything yet. I'm still working on my list. Any help is appreciated.

However, I have made 2 'running' goals for 2014.

The first is to run a different bridge each month with my wife and sister. It's just something different and should be fun to do. For January, we ran over a bridge that crosses the Neuse River. It's a nice bridge, but the best part is the raging water below.

The second is to run the coast of North Carolina - from State line to State line every beach in NC. I will document this journey this year on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment