Wednesday, December 11, 2013

3.43 miles / 1007 in 2013 (Year of Running 13)

As part of @MissZippy1 and her #yearofrunning13, here is my year...


  • Best race experience?
This is a tough choice. I really enjoyed running Carrera de los Muertos in Chicago, but I have to say that my best experience was the following day when I ran the Battleship Half Marathon in Wilmington, NC. This was my first 1/2, and I ran it with my wife, sister, and brother-in-law and lots of family cheering us to the end. The company made it my best experience. Running it in 2 hours didn't hurt either.



  • Best Run?
The first time I ran over the Sunset Beach bridge. The view will be forever ingrained in my memory.



  • Best new piece of gear?
I'm really not a gear purchaser. I would have to say my best new piece of gear is the shirt I received for running in the Carrera de los Muertos. I wear it with pride.


  • Best Piece of running advice you received?
Get up and let's go. I constantly heard this from my wife this year. She was a great motivator.


  • Most inspirational runner?
Has to be my wife (see previous answer). She never has an excuse not to run, and she never accepted mine.

  • If you could sum up your year in a couple of words, what would they be?
Accomplished Goal! I set out to run 1000 miles in 2013. Done!





1 comment:

  1. Congrats on reaching your mileage goal, and for having a great year overall. And I love that your wife is your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete