Sunday, February 2, 2014

Disappointment, Excuses & Motivation

I'm disappointed in my mileage last month. In January 2013 when I started this journey, I ran 71 miles that first month. Last month I only amassed 61 miles - my goal was to at least hit 71 & shoot for 80.

I have heard and said many times - 'excuses are tools for the incompetent'. So here goes - I only ran 12 days in January. We moved in January, classes started back, I was sick for over a week, and it was freaking cold. Tools or excuses it made for a difficult January. On the morning of 1/31, I had only run 50 miles. I did pull a 10+ mile run that morning in the snow and cold to at least make a final push for the month.
If bridges ice before roads, they must also thaw last

I'm a big fan of putting your goals out there so you can be held accountable. For February, I need to run 94 to match Feb 2013 + the 10 miles I was short in Jan + extra kick-ass miles. Let's hope for warmer weather.

Also in February, we have 2 more beaches planned - Holden and Oak Island. If you're interested in joining, let me know.


If you are interested in getting smaller bits of news and info, you can follow my journey on Twitter at @RunSheatsRun. Follow me, and I'll stalk follow you back.

No comments:

Post a Comment